Thursday, February 20, 2014

Within Your Means

Thanks to tumblr, twitter, Facebook, and any other form if social media, we are introduced to things that we might not otherwise be introduced to. Extravagant cars, luxury handbags, red bottom heels; just to name a few. 


As much as we want to acquire all these amazing things, it's beyond important that we live within our means. Don't get me wrong, I catch myself doing this too. Of course I want a Celine handbag to add to my collection. But if the price tag is way out of my means, that should be a clear indicator that this isn't the time to buy it. The handbag will always be there, it could even get better with time, so why the rush?! Especially with a price tag like that. 

People these days are always looking for the next thing, with an even bigger price tag, that they "need". What's even more frustrating is that they've decided they they are going to depend on someone else to help they get this. But let me tell you, if you aren't the one that's working towards this goal, let's say, you won't appreciate it when you get it. It'll just be another thing you can cross off your to do list. 

But let's slow down a bit. Often times, you don't even "need" this thing. It's just a thing that you want, hoping that it'll help you fulfill some sort of emotion that you assume getting it will fill. But in actuality, it doesn't do anything besides adding another item to your wardrobe that you don't have room for or a vehicle that your garage can't fit. And before you know it, you're attention is on the new next thing. And the cycles just starts over again. Now the worst part of it all, not only are you not the one that's shielding out the money or if you are, you can't afford it and your bills are just racking up higher and higher! Ahhh

Of course, I'm not saying we can't or shouldn't splurge once in a while. If we've worked hard and want a little something something to congratulate ourselves, there's no shame in that! And let me tell you from my experience, it's so much more graitifying when I bought my 3.1 Phillip Lim handbag myself, with the money that I've hard worked hard for. Now everytime I look at that little beauty sitting in my closet, I only think of all the hard work that I personally put into to get it. I didn't have to count on or depend on anyone to. And ladies, that's the best feeling in the world!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
a