Sunday, September 1, 2013

Caffeine Fix

I can't be the self proclaimed Caffeine Addicted Seattleite if I don't do at least a few blog-ventures that include coffee, right?!

So on this lovely Monday in sunny Taipei, I found myself in a little quite spot that houses a number of unique tasting coffee. You ask the name of this place, well it's none other than Rahdesign located on DaZhi Road.

I'd be lying if I said I've never heard of this place and just coincidentally walked in. I've actually been meaning to try their top rated coffee drinks for quite some time. And I figured today would be the day. I mean, what else are you supposed to do on a Monday morning?!

First off, the initial drink that captured my attention was their Mango Coffee. Yes, you heard me right. Mango Coffee. Coming from Seattle where everyone is either drinking fresh brew or a nonfat latte, Mango Coffee definitely had my undivided attention.

No, this isn't just an ordinary cup of joe. There's an art to how you're suppose to drink it to taste the unique layers of flavors. As directed by the waiter, one is supposed to sip the foam first, to taste the bittersweetness of the black coffee, then you stir the mango ice cream to combine the two. Then you're left with a cup of coffee that will blow your mind!
I hate to say this but the taste is beyond hard to describe. One can only understand a taste like this having tried it themselves. The initial taste from the foam is the bitterness of black coffee with a settle sour mango after taste from the mango ice cream immersed in the coffee. But once you stir the slowly melting ice cream to combine the two, you get a completely different taste. The sweetness from the ice cream sweetens the coffee. While that settle sour tastes remains, it also enhances the sweetness of the coffee. All while tasting the refreshing mango flavor that gives it its uniqueness. 

Next on the starting lineup is their Bailey's Liquor Latte. Now I know what you're thinking, Bailey's at 12pm?! But it's 5pm somewhere. 
I have to say, this has been the best cup of coffee I've had here in Taipei. The fresh, rich espresso is so smooth. But true to its name, the Bailey's overwhelms your taste buds on first impact. And with the Bailey's infused with the milk, you're leave with a bittersweet after taste that is none other than the sweet taste of Bailey's. 

Finding good coffee anywhere is hard. But once you find a spot that makes it to your liking, never forget it. You never know when you'll be able to stumble upon a coffee shop like it again. With that said, this is definitely a place I'll return to. Their drinks are delectable and the atmosphere is quaint and relaxing. As the sound of the espresso machine overcasts the soft music playing, it's easy to spend hours sitting, sipping, and slowing down your day before taking on our hectic schedules. 

Bon appétit 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
a