Friday, September 6, 2013

Review: Maybelline Super Mineral 24 Foundation

It's safe to say that once in a new place, one will often try new things. When in Rome they say ...

So you can image my excitement when I saw this little beauty sitting on the selves at Watson waving at me. But as excited as I was, I was also some what hesitant. Why, you ask?! I might have said this once or twice before, but Taipei is... What's the word I'm thinking of?! Oh, that's right! Taipei is HUMID. With such a drastic weather change, my skin was still all over the map as it was adjusting to the change.

But enough is enough! I can't go on like this forever! I knew I had put up a brave face and try this baby out! And besides, it's been sitting on my vanity for about a month; untouched, perfectly sealed, and waiting for its big debut.


The star has entered the blog! Everyone, say hello to the semi-new Maybelline Super Mineral 24 Foundation with SPF 25 PA+++. Wow! This foundation is said to last 24 hours, withstand perspiration, and water all while staying breathable and natural. Now, doesn't that just sound like the ideal foundation for humid Taipei?!

Here in Taipei, it's available in 4 shades, PO1, OC1, OC2, & BO2, all of which are on the lighter side. But in case you're wondering, I am in the shade BO2; the darkest of the four.

Wait a minute, do you see that?! It has a PUMP! Hold on to your seat belts, I can tell this will be an exciting one.


I really enjoyed this foundation. It's crafted and formulated really well. Well enough that one might not think it was a drugstore brand. The foundation itself was very light on the skin, allowing your skin to breath throughout the day and give you a natural look. I would say it is a light to medium coverage foundation that is still buildable for any darker spots that need more attention.

The wear is durable and adaptive. Humidity can really ruin a girl's look! But I found with this foundation, the longer you wear it, the better it looks. Obviously it looks the most put together right after applying it. But as you run around, not literally, throughout the day, the product melts beautifully in your skin. It blends, melts, mixes (?!) with your skin so naturally that it looks as if you're not wearing any makeup. I can't say that it is 100% perspiration proof, but it does do a great job at working with its environment. 

All in all, I really enjoyed this product. It's light, durable, and gives enough coverage that leaves you with a flawless face that is ready for anything! Even humidity! Ha Ha

In Taipei, this product is easily accessible, as it is a drugstore product. Unfortunately, I don't think it has gone to the states just yet. But definitely keep your eyes peeled because this is one you'll want to try!

Cheers! 

1 comments:

What would be my Mac shade if i use maybelline b02?

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
a