Sunday, October 13, 2013

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara

If you haven't watched my recent videos on GossipJaning on YouTube, which you can find by clicking here, but I've recently underwent some cosmetic surgery. Nothing major but a change nonetheless. So you can imagine I haven't worn or purchased a lot of makeup recently. But now that my life is finally back to normal, as normal as it will get, I did my usual rounds at Watsons to see the newest and latest and stumbled across something that sparked my interest.


Now I've been known to use the Maybelline Great Last Mascara in clear for a brow gel. It's light weight, clear, and helps keep my brows stay in place throughout the day. But I never knew that Maybelline actually made a brow gel! Yes, ladies. It is true.


This little guy is the Maybelline Brow Drama, Sculpting Brow Mascara. Available in three shades, I opted for the darkest as I have dark hair. This is the first ever Maybelline brow enhancing product that is said to sweep and sculpt your brows for a sleek and structured look with its full proof formulation that will last throughout the day. 

Now I don't know about you but that sounds pretty interesting to me! And come on, the first ever brow gel from Maybelline?! I had to try it out!

The first time I tried this product, I used it to fill in my brows by itself. And I found that it was hard to control, in that you weren't really able to shape your brows. Unless you were born with a naturally beautiful brow shape, which I am not. And I found that it wasn't as pigmented as I had hoped. The product definitely shows up but it wasn't that significant or noticeable. Then I decided to first fill in my brows as I normally world and use the sculpting brow mascara as a stabilizer. Meaning, I used this to replace my clear Great Lash Mascara. Which had a much better effect!

Using this in place of the Great Lash has multiple benefits. For one, because of its pigment, not only does it enhance your eyebrows but it also helps fill in any spots that you might have missed. Also, because of its thicker formulation, your brows are for sure to stay throughout the day!

All in all, I would say the Maybelline Brow Drama, Sculpting Brow Mascara is a good product, though I personally wouldn't use it solely to fill in your brows. Again, unless you're Lily Collins. But that's not to say that this isn't a product worth trying. I have found success in using it as a brow gel to stabilize and enhance my eyebrows after having been filled in.

Good luck! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
a