Sunday, October 13, 2013

RiRi Hearts M.A.C

Ever since I got word that RiRi would be collaborating with MAC on new a collection, I knew I had to get my hands on them. ASAP! And not to my surprise, it was by far one of the hardest collections to get ahold of. Selling out instantly is far from an exaggeration.

But after trying and trying, I have finally got my hands on these beauties. Well, at least a part of it. And in my opinion, the most important part. Yep, you guessed it; the two eyeshadow quads - Her Cocoa and Smoked Cocoa.

 (Left to right: Smoked Cocoa, Her Cocoa)

I'm of fan of RiRi as an artist. She's bold. She's outspoken, not only through her music but also through her choices in fashion. And that's exactly what this collection embodies. The eyeshadows are filled with colors that are definitely multi-purpose colors in that they are suitable for everyday wear as well as getting dressed up for that bold look. 

(Swatches left to right & top to bottom)
(Bright Bronze Gold, Soft Peach, Chocolate Bronze, Warm Antique Gold)

Her Cocoa, a collection of softer colors such as gold, light nude pink, and bronze. Perfect for everyday wear but also something that one can bust out for the holidays. Having both satin finish colors and shimmering ones, this is a great quad to use for a festive holiday look.

(Swatches go clockwise starting from top left corner)
(Shimmering Champagne, Black with Silver Pigment, Satin Charcoal, Matte Grey)

Smoked Cocoa obviously being the darker of the two quad is perfect for that smokey eye look. Hence the name. Containing more matte colors, this is still suitable for creating an everyday look. As long as you aren't using a heavy hand on the darker shades. 

I can't wait to try out these bad boys in the upcoming days and I'm sure I won't be let down. Swatching them only helped turned the creative wheels in my brain. Just imagine all the looks I can come up with these!

Stay tuned! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
a